Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teeth

 All growing up I have always have spaces between my teeth. I got braces on for about a year and halfish... After getting braces off I still had some good size gaps between my teeth, due to the fact that my front teeth are all 2 mm skinnier then they should be.  Well, thanks to my step sister Kaeci I have been able to go in and get a great deal on vaneers to fill in all the extra space in my mouth! Today was supposed to be my last day into the dentist to get all the final work done. So, I took some before and after pictures of the process while in the dentist chair, ok well I had some help but it still got done.  Top pictures are obvious, well at least to me, that they are the before pictures, bottom is after. (circle to be explained in a moment) Dentist was being helpful when we got the close up. You can see his fingers to prove it. Now as for an explanation to the picture below... The dentist started by putting the teeth on to look at them before he starting gluing them in. He started on my left and started working to the right. When he got to the fifth tooth (the one that is circled) he said "That does not look good." I told him that is not what I wanted to hear. So he showed me that the tooth does not reach my gums like it should, that if it were him he would send the tooth back and have them redo it so it would look nicer. I told him lets do it and to get me a temporary tooth for the 3 weeks I have to wait for that one tooth to get molded correctly. So there will be a close up of the teeth in the future but they had to get new impression on the tooth so the correct size could be made. The impressions are a lot of stress on my gums so they were bleeding. So once the permanent one is in I will get the close up and post the new smile but for now... Here is the new smile of Lexie Millett!

No comments: