So here is the story of my not so great end of 2008/ start of 2009! It started new years eve. A few weeks ago one of the girls I work with called me up and asked if I could cover for her. I told her that is fine and I got all the information I needed to take care of her patients. Once I got up into Salt Lake County I was so lost. I didn't know what street led which way, and couldn't figure out how I just turned on one street, then not very long after it's called something else. I got lost and was looking for one patient's home for close to an hour. It ended up taking me 9 hours to make 7 visits. When really it should have taken me no more then 7 hours.
Then new years eve night, we (Patch and I) had just gone down to pick up Jennifer to go to dinner with her. We went to good old Los Hermonos. Once we were done she says "I don't feel good, can you take me back to my grandma's?" I say sure, and we loaded back into my car, drove back to Springville, and took Jen back. On the way back home I heard a loud POP. So I looked in my rear view mirror to see if I could find out what it was. It looked like I had snow all over my back window, so I thought I had been hit with a snowball. Well when none of the snow moved Patch said "I think you should pull over, your window is broken." I pulled over and the entire back window was shattered. Corner to corner, edge to edge it had spider web shattered. After looking at it for a little while, neither of us could see any holes where something could have been thrown or shot through, or any starting point of where something could have hit and bounced off. Once I was almost in tears we got back into my car and drove back to my house. On the way every bump we hit more glass fell into my back seat, making me jump every time I heard it hit.
The very next day Patch and I break up. Something just didn't feel right between the two of us and I couldn't ignore my gut. We didn't get in a fight or an argument of any kind. I just knew that it had to be done. We both ended up in tears and it was just no good. It is still a little hard to talk about it and we are currently not talking, but I know we will both be ok.
Friday, I had to go back up to Salk Lake County to cover for the same girl again. Got a little lost along the way but not as bad as Wednesday. I was so sick of driving. I am glad this week is now over!
Ok so it wasn't an entire week of bad, just 3 days... but that is almost 50% so it counts...
2 comments:
Holy Cow! When it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry, but MAYBE you're getting all of the bad stuff over with so 2009 can get better. What do you think of that idea? Hang in there and know that you are VERY LOVED!!!!!!!!
I agree with my mom!!! Hang in there girl!!
Post a Comment